How to give platinum customers special attention through your B2B eCommerce site.
Web-based B2B ordering gives people the information they need, when they need it. But what happens when something goes wrong?
If one of your platinum customers has a situation that prevents automatic order processing — like a credit limit issue — you want to know about it immediately. It’s not enough to display a cold, automated error message and log a trouble ticket in the queue behind everyone else.
That was the challenge presented to us by Drive Medical — one of the fastest growing global manufacturers and distributors of durable medical equipment.
- SAP ECC 6
If a problem occurred with an online order from a top-tier customer, Drive Medical wanted a person, not a computer, to address the issue. This way Drive would have the opportunity find a solution and show special attention to their most valued customers.
- Created a filter to flag problematic orders from platinum customers
- Captured the order information and the issue that prevented “hands-free” processing
- Generated an email alert to a special email address that is staffed just for this purpose
- Improved customer service response rates for platinum level customers
- Increased revenue by enabling quicker intervention on problem orders
- Improved customer satisfaction — with the most important customers