As a first foray into SAP-integrated B2B eCommerce, our client chose to implement Corevist Commerce for their Specialty Products Division, which serves the farming industry with animal health products. This market presented unique challenges for Corevist and the manufacturer.
- The B2B eCommerce store needed to suggest recently ordered items in a way that made them easy to order again.
- The payments solution needed to book international orders instantly even though those shipments would have long lead times.
- Customers needed the ability to pick up orders themselves from the nearest distribution center.
- Customers needed accurate weight, size and shipping information before placing an order so they could avoid paying too much or too little for shipping.
A solution to each problem would help increase efficiency. Since cutting overhead is one of the prime reasons that manufacturers come to Corevist, we understood the business drivers behind these requirements — and we knew how to formulate a solution to each one.
What We Did
To help our client achieve greater efficiency in the end-to-end ordering process, we configured Corevist Commerce to solve these problems.
- To assist with reordering (and maximize account value), the Corevist Commerce search window proposes recently ordered items that are tied to the customer’s account history.
- To facilitate overseas shipments with long lead times, Corevist Commerce accepts credit card payments at the time of delivery creation.
- To help farmers get product faster, Corevist Commerce allows them to place will-call orders and pick them up later at the nearest distribution center.
- To help farmers avoid paying too much or too little for shipping, Corevist Commerce lets customers manage pallet size and container size during order placement. That way, customers get an accurate, real-time view of shipping charges before they place the order.
Our client’s Corevist Commerce initiative was such a success that the company chose to expand eCommerce. The new target was the company’s EMEA export business.
Specialty Products, the first division to go live with Corevist Commerce, sells animal health products to farmers. The export business, on the other hand, is part of the Consumer Products division. It sells name-brand household products to countries outside the US. Margins are tight and competition from other big brands is tough.
For the EMEA export business, our client had specific requirements.
- A lean, powerful B2B eCommerce solution integrated to SAP in real time.
- Built-in support for the languages of the export territories.
- An easy-to-use solution for smaller export customers who couldn’t justify investing in EDI.
What We Did
From our perspective, expanding Corevist Commerce to the EMEA export business was incredibly easy. Because our solution is built on a fully scalable architecture, we leveraged the B2B eCommerce integration to SAP that we’d already provided for the Specialty Products division. This saved our client from investing in a redundant integration. The integration is one half of the Corevist Commerce picture, and there was no need to rebuild it.
The other half of Corevist Commerce is the customer experience that we present on the web. Since the EMEA export business and the Specialty Products division sell different product lines to different markets, we created a separate EMEA website to meet the needs of the export business.
- Integrated to SAP in real time for 100% accurate personalization.
- Supports the languages of the export territories.
- Easy to use for smaller export customers who can’t justify EDI.