Cycling Sports Group (CSG), a division of Dorel Industries, represents 5 different bicycle brands and supports more than 5,000 Independent Bicycle Dealers in the US, Europe and Japan.
Recently, Corevist helped the company launch a B2B eCommerce portal that features real-time integration between Magento and SAP.
Our next task was to create a customized dashboard to meet the unique specifications of CSG’s web design team.
Our standard solution already has a dashboard that features recent orders and open invoices but CSG wanted to style the dashboard to match their corporate branding and customize the data presented.
Essentially, we were asked to provide the data for a “welcome” screen that dealers could review – perhaps as they drank their morning coffee and prepared to open the shop — to quickly answer questions like:
- What are my open orders?
- What orders haven’t shipped yet?
- What invoices need to be paid?
- What orders recently shipped?
Our solution needed to work with the following:
- User interface design, provided to us by CSG’s design team
- SAP ECC 6.0
- Magento Enterprise
We created a web services call to provide all the pertinent real-time SAP data that CSG’s web designers wanted for a new B2B transactional dashboard.
- Happy bicycle dealers (they now have quick and easy access to all the information they need in one place.)
- Happy web designers (they got the user interface design they wanted with the data they needed….and they didn’t have to figure out how to connect to SAP.)